Know what to do before, during, and after a winter storm.
- Listen to local officials.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Stay off the road during and after a winter storm.
- Have a carbon monoxide alarm in place, especially if using alternative heating devices.
- Use safe heating devices.
- If you’re running a portable generator, you need to have a working Carbon Monoxide alarm in your home. #WinterSafety
- #WinterSafety Tip: NEVER use a generator, camp stove, charcoal grill, gasoline or propane heater indoors.
- NEVER heat a home by using the stovetop or oven. #WinterSafety
- Keep generators outside at least 20 feet away from doors, windows, and vents to avoid accidental CO poisoning. #WinterSafety